IMAGEMAP

Post by Paul Gren » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi -
I have SCO release 3.2 openserver lite...
I'm trying to get my imagemap to work... says "can not open config
file" although everything is correct...ie my map file, gif file,
privs, etc etc... I thinking my imagemap exec is not working
properly...

can someone please guide me to a place  where I can download a new
imagemap exec (already compiled)  ..or tell me what they think is the
problem ?

thanks

IMAGEMAP

Post by Marc Bue » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Probably this is the cause :

Your executable imagemap program has a compiled path as where to look for your
imagemap.conf file.

Execute :  strings imagemap ^ pg

This shows you all the readable information in the executable.
I suppose you have your imagemap.conf file located in /var/scohttp/...
and your imagemap exec is compiled to look up in /usr/local/etc/httpd/..

Good Luck

1. .htaccess file doesnt work with imagemap: HELP !!

I am trying to set up restricted access to a directory tree, via the
.htaccess mechanism. I works fine for everything but image maps. So the
first time you enter the tree you are prompted for an account/password.
Once you've given that yoy can access anything, but clicking in an
imagemap (old imagemap, with absolute pathnames) you generate a URL
but, you are prompted again for an account/password, when given the
same as the first time, it says access failed. The httpd log, this shows
up but the user part of the log line is: -

Can anyone help ? Much obliged thanks you.

Greetings

Gijs Schaftenaar

    +----------------------------+-----------------------------------+
      Gijs Schaftenaar, Drs.     | CAOS/CAMM Center

      URL  : http://www.caos.kun.nl/staff/schaft.html
      Tel. : +31 80 65 33 69     | Toernooiveld 1
      Fax  : +31 80 65 29 77     | 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    +-------- CAOS/CAMM is the Dutch National Node in EMBnet --------+

2. Anyone have any comments ?

3. Doing imagemaps with Apache .8 (mod_imap.c; not CGI)

4. Time synchronisation using timed

5. ImageMap and Apache :-(

6. HELP: csh-$argv[$#argv]-struct in bash???

7. Lynx friendly imagemap

8. Micron Monitor and X

9. What,s in imagemap.conf?

10. NCSA's imagemap.conf file

11. Imagemaps on NCSA httpd v1.5

12. ANNOUNCE: Updated imagemap.pl for CERN & NCSA

13. Netscape imagemaps?