Unixware drivers

Post by Tim Hartric » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Unixware and SCO experts,

I am currently running Unixware 2.1.  I need drivers for one
or more of the following 100 Mbit Ethernet cards.  I have consulted
the SCO web site.  They claim that the Intel and 3COM cards are
supported in 2.1 but when I check my distribution media I don't see
them.

I have also looked on the Intel, Cogent and 3COM web sites and failed
miserably.

If anyone knows whether these drivers exist and where they can be
found I would appreciate the help.

The cards are:

3COM 3C905-TX 10/100 PCI
3COM 3C595 10/100 PCI
Cogent EM110 10/100 PCI (DEC 21140-AB)
Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 TX PCI

Thanks in advance.

Tim Hartrick
Mentat Inc.

Unixware drivers

Post by Dave Park » Thu, 19 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Unixware and SCO experts,

>I am currently running Unixware 2.1.  I need drivers for one
>or more of the following 100 Mbit Ethernet cards.  I have consulted
>the SCO web site.  They claim that the Intel and 3COM cards are
>supported in 2.1 but when I check my distribution media I don't see
>them.

>I have also looked on the Intel, Cogent and 3COM web sites and failed
>miserably.

>If anyone knows whether these drivers exist and where they can be
>found I would appreciate the help.

>The cards are:

>3COM 3C905-TX 10/100 PCI
>3COM 3C595 10/100 PCI
>Cogent EM110 10/100 PCI (DEC 21140-AB)
>Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 TX PCI

Add to those the Kingston KNE100TX, which also uses the DEC chip (21140-AC).
The Kingston 100 hubs (KNE8TX/R) and nics are the best value I've seen so far.
--

1. SCO Unixware drivers 'n stuff

I've recently bought the free SCO Unixware. As far as i see now it seems to
bee one of the best Unix systems i've seen so far.

But unfortunatly i have some problems:

1. I cannot find a driver for my Matrox Millenium. Is there something like
an Advanced Hardware Supplement like on the Open Server? I have the newest
Skunkware CD, is a driver on this CD?

2. That's my second problem. How do i mount the CD manually? O.K., i know,
i'm stupid, but on my old Open Server it was just mount /dev/cd0 /cdrom.
Same with Linux. Unfortunatly it doesn't work on Unixware. What device must
i use to get my EIDE CDROM to work?
(The AppInstall does work, but Skunkware isn't in a format that AppInstall
can use.)

3. Where is the Boot loader? Why does Unixware boots itself without asking?
I WANT to boot my dos Partition anyway! It's like Unixware is the best Unix
system ever, but the most basic stuff that every other crippy Unix has is
missing. I can understand that the people that created Unixware are very
proud of it, but that doesn't mean that the people that are using it don't
want to use any other system anymore.

But maybe i'm just too stupid to find it myself. Would be very nice if
someone could help me especially with the Video Driver. I hate this 60HZ
flickering mode.

Thanks, Gunnar

---
Gunnar Beushausen

2. Pre and Pro

3. Unixware 2.1 server for Unixware 1.1 client probs

4. logging w/ getty_ps 2.0.7b

5. Minimum Unixware harware (WAS: Re: Unixware FAQ?)

6. rsh problem

7. Problems Update Unixware 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

8. Apache CGI + MOV Files

9. Unixware 2.1 server for Unixware 1.1 client probs

10. SCO UnixWare 2.1 Upgrades (was Re: New prices for UnixWare)

11. Unixware 2.1.3 data transfer to Unixware 7.1.1

12. Problems Update UnixWare 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

13. Mounting a unixware partition from another unixware hard disk?