SCO OS 5.04 Network Problem

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

| e have an old AcerAltos 7000V (P5-90,32MB) running SCO OS 5.04 (upgraded
| from 5.02), connected with 3Com 509B 10BT to 18 segments TCP/IP ethernet
| network (about 1400  PCs and NT/Solaris Servers) connected by Cisco 7000
| router/BayStack  28115/Adv switches. After the 5.04 upgrade, the server have
| following problem:
|
| - Everytime it boot, it lost the default routing table. (Manually add the
| routing table in /etc/rc2.d/S99route solve it)

Of course it does.  The default route is kept in kernel memory, not in a
file.  Run the Internet manager, tell it what your default port is, and
it will set up an /etc/rc2.d script for you.

--

1. SCO OS 5.04 & Network Printing

I am trying to set up a Kyocera Mita 310 photocopier under our SCO unix box.
The printer has an onboard printer board and network card installed.

I have tried unsucessfully to install it as a Local printer under scoadmin.
Though I have had some success installing it as a remote printer.

The printer board is configured as follows;

IP - 192.100.100.101
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.100.100.101
TCP/IP Base Port No. - 10000
Frame Type - Ethernet II (TCP/IP)
Host Name - PORT1

When printing from Win 95 clients the TCP/IP port number is 10001.

I have had some limited success in printing when it is setup as a remote
printer. However a small print job would take approximatly 40 seconds before
printing. The light on the photocopier would come on after 5 seconds (data
being received), the job finally printing after 1/2 minute.

When trying to set the printer up as a local printer, I get no data at all
going to the printer, and the print job remains in the spool until canceled.

The printer is setup in /etc/hosts

I have also tried netcat without success. Any ideas of this slow printing
using remote and why I cannot send print jobs using a local setup.

Damien

2. Disklabel seeing weird things

3. SCO OpenServer 5.04 Network Problem

4. Network X client access to X server

5. SCO 5.04 and networking problems

6. Unable to mount root partition

7. SCO 5.04 NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEMS

8. What to do after it's installed?

9. SCO 5.02 + SCO 5.04 Floppy Drive Problems

10. Kermit for SCO OS 5.04?

11. Network time for SCO 5.04

12. Networking PC's with SCO OpenServer 5.04.

13. Differences between SCO 5.02 and SCO 5.04