Help needed on restoring files from cpio backups, SCO 3.2

Help needed on restoring files from cpio backups, SCO 3.2

Post by C. L » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I did several backups of the filesystem using unscheduled create
within the sysadmsh. I did manage to list the contents of the tapes.
I moved some files to other directories and tried restoring these files
one at a time to their original location from the backup tape using
partial restore within sysadmsh. The restore program seemed to have gone
through the whole tape, but nothing was restored. The backups were done
by cpio.

I am using SCO 3.2 with a SCSI DAT tape drive, 2Mb, from HP.
The following parameters were used:

Filesystem to archive:  /dev/u
Media                   /dev/nurStp0.0
Block size in Bytes:    10240   (default)
Volume size in Kbytes:  2048000 (for a 2Gb tape, tried 2000000 as well))

Can somebody give me some hints on how to restore files from these
backup tapes?

Many thanks,

Chris