MMDF does not deliver mail to any local users

MMDF does not deliver mail to any local users

Post by S. Tao Yeh, » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

We have configured a standalone SCO Unix box which connects to the
remote Solaris box via ppp.  The ppp connection is good and the name server
is good for all network applications except for the local mail delivery.
We use MMDF as the MTA.  We can send email to anywhere else except ourselves.
When we send email to the users within the same local domain (where is
the Solaris box is located), it always complained about "host name lookup
failure).

Could someone point out the problem for us?  Thanks in advance.

STY

1. HELP: mail to local users NOT delivered (only queued)

Hi,

        I'm having a problem with Email deston for local users. I tested sendmail with rule set "0" and it worked fine, at Tim
Ma's recomendation I tested the "3,0" rule test for sendmail. He was right it come up with an error.  I fixed the "3,0" so it works.
The incomming mail(IE for internat users) is only queued in the "/var/spool/mqueue" directory and not deliveried.  What
program usualy takes these queued files and delivers them to the users file? I need all the help I can get.

thanks
scott.

P.S. here is a copy of the "3,0" and "0" results.

# sendmail -bt
ADDRESS TEST MODE
Enter <ruleset> <address>

rewrite: ruleset  3 returns: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  0   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  9   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  9 returns: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  0 returns: $# "local" $: "scotj"

rewrite: ruleset 30   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  3   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  3 returns: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  0   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  9   input: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  9 returns: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  0 returns: $# "local" $: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset 30 returns: $# "local" $: "scotj"
rewrite: ruleset  0 returns: $# "local" $: "scotj"

2. how to bringup single user mode

3. Local Mail (using "mail") Does Not Get Delivered?

4. Removing cursor in bash?

5. MMDF SMTP fails to deliver mail in @relay:user@host format

6. Freebsd Wiki - ready for prime time?

7. MMDF problem: One user's e-mail will not deliver

8. "chroot()" program...

9. {Sendmail-Not Delivering Local Mail?]

10. Help with Local Mail not delivering

11. Sendmail not delivering local mail

12. E-mail Messages to Local Users Being Queued, Not Delivered

13. MMDF: denying local users from mailing