New or Revised TAs on websco, 951118

Post by RadleyRob » Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:00:00

The following problems are addressed in Technical Articles that appeared on
SCO's websco.sco.com site on 951118.

Some of these TAs are new, others are revisions of prior versions.

PROBLEM:  As the UNIX server begins to go multiuser and LMU is starting,
          this error message is displayed:

                /etc/nbelink: No valid PPA for the datalink driver

          This message appears when using an IBM LANStreamer MC32 Token
          Ring Network card. This has also been observed to occur in the
          Ethernet version of this card.

PROBLEM:  What is the support status of IBM machines and which EFS's are
          required to install SCO operating systems?

PROBLEM:   How to set up a dial up password.

PROBLEM:  SCO OpenServer Enterprise System Release 5.0.0 is registered,
          but registration messages still appear.

PROBLEM:  The IQM or License Manager is not accepting my license information.

PROBLEM:  Is it possible to determine at what time a kernel panic
          occurred using the crash command?

PROBLEM:  What is Support Level Supplement (SLS) UOD418A, the Enhanced
          fsck(ADM) Supplement, and how do I install it?

Post by Kevin Lent » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> The following problems are addressed in Technical Articles that appeared on
> SCO's websco.sco.com site on 951118.

I'm still at a loss to understand what these TA's are. I've never managed
to actually ever see one, nor do I know how to find one. So, as an exercise
for the reader, I'd like to know about this:

Quote:

> PROBLEM:  What is Support Level Supplement (SLS) UOD418A, the Enhanced
>           fsck(ADM) Supplement, and how do I install it?

Going to the SSL query form and searching for fsck or UOD418A is not the
correct answer.

Anybody know what is. I'm now off to download uod418a just so I can find
out what it is. In this case I can do this. In all the rest, there is
nothing to download.

I'm very frustrated.

--
[=======================================================================]
[ Kevin Lentin                   |      The Mighty Carlton Blues      | ]

[ Macintrash: 'Just say NO!'     |CARLTON 21-15-141 d geelong 11-14-80| ]
[=======================================================================]

Post by Stephen M. Du » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

$I'm still at a loss to understand what these TA's are. I've never managed
$to actually ever see one, nor do I know how to find one. So, as an exercise
$for the reader, I'd like to know about this:

   The problem is that J.P.'s robot knows about these things before
the SSL stuff on the Web page does.  Sometimes this happens by
several days.  Yes, it's annoying ... I have a stack of RadleyRobot
posts sitting in my mailbox at work, and every now and then I go
through them and see if they've finally made it to websco.

   This point has been raised before, and with the number of SCO
people reading this newsgroup, I'm sure it's been raised within
SCO.

$> PROBLEM:  What is Support Level Supplement (SLS) UOD418A, the Enhanced
$>           fsck(ADM) Supplement, and how do I install it?

   That's one of the interesting ones I'm eagerly awaiting.

Stephen M. Dunn, CNE, ACE, Sr. Systems Analyst, United System Solutions Inc.
104 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, Canada M4A 2K7          (416) 750-7946 x251