VisionFS 3.10.905 Password Athentication

VisionFS 3.10.905 Password Athentication

Post by mike.. » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 13:11:24

Have new Win2kpro workstations that are unable to access my SCO
Openserver5.0.5.  I already have configured both VisionFS and my
Win2kpro workstation to pass plaintextpasswords.  However when I try to
access the SCO server thru "My Network Places" it states that I have an
unknown username or invalid password.  I set up both my username and
password to match the account on my SCO server.  Hope someone can help
me.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Tom Parson » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

| Have new Win2kpro workstations that are unable to access my SCO
| Openserver5.0.5.  I already have configured both VisionFS and my
| Win2kpro workstation to pass plaintextpasswords.  However when I try to
| access the SCO server thru "My Network Places" it states that I have an
| unknown username or invalid password.  I set up both my username and
| password to match the account on my SCO server.  Hope someone can help
| me.  Thanks in advance.

Continuing to try to use plain text passwords is prolonging the agony
and never was a good idea.

Use VisionFS passwords.

VisionFS 3.10.905 Password Athentication

Post by proteu » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Or Alternatively if you have a NT domain server, set visionfs to
authenticate against your NT PDC.

Cheers

> | Have new Win2kpro workstations that are unable to access my SCO
> | Openserver5.0.5.  I already have configured both VisionFS and my
> | Win2kpro workstation to pass plaintextpasswords.  However when I try to
> | access the SCO server thru "My Network Places" it states that I have an
> | unknown username or invalid password.  I set up both my username and
> | password to match the account on my SCO server.  Hope someone can help
> | me.  Thanks in advance.

> Continuing to try to use plain text passwords is prolonging the agony
> and never was a good idea.

> Use VisionFS passwords.
> --

VisionFS 3.10.905 Password Athentication

Post by mike.. » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Unfortunately I do not have a NT Server or I would have authenticated
>the password thru it since it would have been much easier that way.
>Thanks for the suggestion though.

> Or Alternatively if you have a NT domain server, set visionfs to
> authenticate against your NT PDC.

> Cheers

> > | Have new Win2kpro workstations that are unable to access my SCO
> > | Openserver5.0.5.  I already have configured both VisionFS and my
> > | Win2kpro workstation to pass plaintextpasswords.  However when I
try to
> > | access the SCO server thru "My Network Places" it states that I
have an
> > | unknown username or invalid password.  I set up both my username
and
> > | password to match the account on my SCO server.  Hope someone can
help
> > | me.  Thanks in advance.

> > Continuing to try to use plain text passwords is prolonging the
agony
> > and never was a good idea.

> > Use VisionFS passwords.
> > --

==
==

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SCO VisionFS 3.10.905

We updated VisionFS to version 3.10.905 on SCO Open Server 5.0.5
Some Windows workstations can see Unix server after update and some - not.
We are using different Windows versions : Win98,Win98ce,Win2000 (server and
clients)
There is no error message , it's just when an user tries to access UNIX
computer through "My Network places"  it keeps asking for password even if
it's a correct one.

We'll appreciate your help.
Marina

2. Anyone has lsof working for ATT Sys V Rel 4 MP-RAS?

3. Visionfs 3.10.905 errlp.log goes missing

4. Socket connection problem

5. VisionFS 3.10.905 Failure

6. Multinetwork linux router

7. Secure Password Athentication

8. Linux server to hold thousands of tcp connections?

9. HELP, Linux BBS's in 416/905 area code!

10. 3com 905 and 595 linked with crossed cable - not working

11. all Boomerang (3c900/905) users...

12. 3c900/905: (more) stable version of boomerang.c

13. 3Com 905