Q:Would a 4gig hd effect tcp/ip?

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

james montoya telecommunicated:

| Can someone tell me if I replaced a 2gig hard drive
| with a 4gig hard drive on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2,
| would this effect tcp/ip?

It wouldn't effect tcp/ip, nor anything else.
Nor would it affect tcp/ip either.

--

Post by james monto » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Can someone tell me if I replaced a 2gig hard drive
with a 4gig hard drive on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2,
would this effect tcp/ip?

1. TCP/IP Problems on 4gig hard drive

Can someone give me some answers?

I installed a 4gig SCSI hard drive on a Micron Pentium 166MHz running
SCO OpenServer 5.0.2 with NIS configured.  The system will spontaneously
lose network connection or will sooner hang when large files are ftp'd to
another system. This didn't happen with the 2gig hard drive used before this
4gig.

I used the patches oss449a and oss449e but the problem still occurs.

My setup is as follows:

         Micron Pentium 166MHz
         4gig SCSI Seagate hard drive
         128M of memory
         SCO OpenServer 5.0.2
         3Com 3c595 network card

If someone can help, thanks in advanced!

2. problem with talk_daemon

3. 4Gig HD for alpha 400/233?

4. ftp / telnet problems: connection refused

5. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

6. Newbie installation questions

7. downloading linux

8. SLS X wants tcp/ip, tcp/ip won't compile, what now?

9. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

10. DDE to TCP/IP Comm Driver via TCP/IP Avail,DDE2TCP,Custom Drivers Avail