Software manager panics system OSR5.0.4

Post by Tom Parson » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

| If software manager is run when a previous tape drive has been configured
| into the kernal & the tape drive is disconnected from the bus it panics
| the system.
|
| I have seen this on multiple systems using alad ctrl on both Tandberg 4220
| and Exabyte 8200 drives.
|
| This isn't a bug it's a feature...

It has never happened here and I've always got at least 1 tape drive AWOL.

What is the state of your scsi termination?

1. OSR5.0.4 PANIC

has anyone ever seen a PANIC when you connect an openserver 5.0.4
machine to a network, as soon as I plug in the cable to the hub I get
these panic messages. It has happened on two different machines, and
they both have different network cards. The messages stop when I
disconnect the cable. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

2. Wot no comp.os.linux.help ?

3. OSR5.0.0 ==> OSR5.0.4 UIP Errors

4. I am trying to use XF68_FBDev but...

5. PPP Software for OSR5.0.4

6. g++ paths?

7. OSR5.0.4: Floppy I/O Errors on Loaded System

8. Plan9-ish name spaces

9. FSU pthreads on SCO OSR5.0.4

10. OSR5.0.4 & Netscape 3.01gold preference

11. Netgear FA310TX -- any success on OSR5.0.4?

12. OSR5.0.4 Patches

13. Dual boot OSR5.0.4 & NT 4.0