SCO Ansi terminal emulator programs for DOS/WIN (FREE).

SCO Ansi terminal emulator programs for DOS/WIN (FREE).

Post by Tony Lawren » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Unfortunately this program does not work on my ancient XTs. (I have a few
: lying around that I want to convert to SCO terminals direct connected to
: com ports through null modem cables). The program just hangs my poor old
: machines. Is there any small pure DOS based progam that will do the trick?
: Just looking at the number of packages on SimTel (http://www.cdrom.com)
: is making my head swim! I don't think I can download all and test them.

ICE-TEN (James River) does perfect sco-ansi and wy60 emulation (and
others),  runs either as a tsr or as a normal DOS program, and does
work on horrid old machinery that should be gathering dust somewhere.

--
Tony

SCO Ansi terminal emulator programs for DOS/WIN (FREE).

Post by Ravindran Ramachandr » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have been searching the network for decent SCO Ansi terminal emulation
programs with the version of Procomm Plus, Kermit and other programs not
really being upto the mark. I found a decent one for Windows / DOS called
hotkey from South Africa (http://www.sysv.co.za).

Unfortunately this program does not work on my ancient XTs. (I have a few
lying around that I want to convert to SCO terminals direct connected to
com ports through null modem cables). The program just hangs my poor old
machines. Is there any small pure DOS based progam that will do the trick?
Just looking at the number of packages on SimTel (http://www.cdrom.com)
is making my head swim! I don't think I can download all and test them.

Thanks in advance,
-Ravi
PS: *Please* email me reply as news server keeps articles only for 1-2 days!

1. WANTED: Windows SCO ANSI Terminal Emulator Free or Shareware

I actually have two different requirements for terminal emulators.

1>  Dial up via a modem
2>  Connect via Winsock

Please would someone be kind enough to recommend a Freeware or
Shareware Terminal emulator for Windows that can emulate a SCO ANSI
terminal.

The UNIX software we use, has only been set up to work
properly with two terminal types, SCO ANSI and Wyse 50.  The ANSI BBS
supplied with most terminal emulators or communication packages, does
not display the extra graphics lines (to draw boxes) properly, and has
different escape sequences for the Function Keys.

What would be even better is a terminal emulator where the
terminals keyboard and display codes could be customised.

I don't expect to get one package that does both dial up and Winsock, I
expect two, which is fine.  But if there is one that does both, even
better.

Please would you supply the full ftp address of where I can get the
files from.

Many thanks in advance.
--
John C. Brown        Essex, England

2. What diff. between raw mode and cbreak mode

3. SCO ANSI terminal vs. regular ANSI terminal

4. Working ide-cd burn/rip, 2.5.44

5. URL with directory without ending slash at Netscape comerce server doesn't work

6. Terminal ANSI ou SCO ANSI

7. How to make a shell script that will take an action based on the results from PING?

8. Simple terminal emulator for SCO, Win 3.x and WinNT

9. Free Unix terminal emulator for vt100 & wyse50 terminals on Windows OS

10. ANSI terminal emulator

11. Wanted: X, ansi, Terminal emulator?

12. Needed: termcap entry for DOS ANSI.SYS and/or Avatar terminal