Why wont my 32v42 M1 disk do anything?

Post by Bryan Ingra » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Help!

I'm trying to re-install my crashed SCO system and I am not having much
luck!

Whenever the system starts to boot from M1, it just sits there and does
nothing? Anyone have any ideas?  The system is a P133/PCI with Adaptec
2940!

Help!

Thanks,
Bryan Ingram

Why wont my 32v42 M1 disk do anything?

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Bryan Ingram telecommunicated (on 30Jan):
| Help!
|
| I'm trying to re-install my crashed SCO system and I am not having much
| luck!
|
| Whenever the system starts to boot from M1, it just sits there and does
| nothing? Anyone have any ideas?  The system is a P133/PCI with Adaptec
| 2940!

Try N1, not M1.

--

1. fd0 wont read dos disks

when i try to mount my floppy drive i type
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
and then  whether the disk has right protection on or not i get an error
that says:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0, or to many
mounted file systems"

what can i do to fix this???

p.s. what seems odd to me is that i put my linux boot disk in that i had
made at install and it read it fine.......

please help a linux Newbie

2. SSH "public key for user xyz failed"

3. M1 disk toast. Where can I get one ?

4. Suggestions Please

5. ppp connects but wont do anything.

6. MX300 does it work in Linux?

7. Why oh why does DOS/Windoze work while Linux fails?

8. TCP/IP in STREAMS modules

9. Determining if a user's process is doing anything.

10. Has anything like xosview been done for FreeBSD

11. Why can't I launch anything in 3.1 ?

12. Infomagic's new LDR, Why buy anything else ?

13. Anyone doing anything with Broadway?