TCP/IP Port Prioritization

Post by Chris Le » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

We have a server running SCO OpenServer 3.0 with multiple clients
connected over a TCP/IP WAN.
We need dedicated bandwidth for certain ports.
The router network allows prioritization of ports, but once off the WAN
and onto the LAN, how do we allocate the bandwidth?

1. TCP/IP prioritization

Is there any way to prioritize flow of traffic by IP number within SCO UNIX?
I've got two servers over a WAN with users running telnet sessions, and every
time a large piece of e-mail gets transmitted between the servers, the telnet
users get slowed down to a crawl.

Thanks in advance...

2. matroxset problem

3. TCP/IP Ports on a Shiva Acess Port Router

4. $2,499 14.1"TFT DVD-ROM 333MHz PII Sony Vaio Laptop

5. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

6. newbie: cannot NAT please help!

7. QoS, Diffserv and port prioritisation with iproute2...HELP!!

8. o_maxdata

9. Port Prioritisation with U32 class

10. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP