RAW printing

Post by john_rom.. » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I need to make a remote printer, print all jobs as raw.

I know I can specify lp, with the raw option, but I need *all* jobs set
to this printer as raw (legacy app support).  Any Ideas?  I was
thinking about setting up an output filter, or changing the printer
interface script (driver), since I can't get lpadmin to work with
-o "raw".

I'm using SCO 5.05

Thanks,
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RAW printing

Post by Dirk Har » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> I need to make a remote printer, print all jobs as raw.

> I know I can specify lp, with the raw option, but I need *all* jobs set
> to this printer as raw (legacy app support).  Any Ideas?  I was
> thinking about setting up an output filter, or changing the printer
> interface script (driver), since I can't get lpadmin to work with
> -o "raw".

In the hplaserjet script you might set the outputmode to raw somewhere
near the place where it figures out what options you want.

For example:

.
.
.
# Determine which options have been invoked

# Force raw mode
outputmode="raw"

for i in $5
do
        case "$i" in

        -postscript | postscript)
                format="PS"
                outputmode="raw";;
.
.
.

RAW printing

Post by Fabio Giannott » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> I need to make a remote printer, print all jobs as raw.

> I know I can specify lp, with the raw option, but I need *all* jobs set
> to this printer as raw (legacy app support).  Any Ideas?  I was
> thinking about setting up an output filter, or changing the printer
> interface script (driver), since I can't get lpadmin to work with
> -o "raw".

> I'm using SCO 5.05

> Thanks,
> John

John,

You did not mention what type of printer you are using.  If you are using a
PCL type laserjet, you can use the HPLaserJet interface, and modify the line
that says
outputmode="cooked" to
outputmode="raw"

If you are using a postscript printer, use the postscript model and change
RAW="off" to
RAW="on"

If you are using a dot-matrix and don't care about the interface, just try
the dumb model.

Good luck,
Fabio