A Game in UNIX

Post by Fulko He » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I used to work in UNIX and became *ed to the game Spider.  I now only
> have access to my own PC, and have been trying to figure out how I can get a
> copy of Spider in UNIX for my PC.  I've tried the PC versions of Spider and
> they just don't do it.   Does anyone know if I can partition my PC hard
> drive, install UNIX on one partition and run Spider?  Does anyone know what
> software I can get to run UNIX and if it includes Spider ?

How about, just will anyone release the source to SCO's version of 'spider'?

Fulko Hew,                           Voice:  905-333-6000  x 6010
Senior Engineering Designer,         Direct: 905-333-6010
Northrop Grumman-Canada, Ltd.        Fax:    905-333-6050

A Game in UNIX

Post by Bill Vermilli » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>> I used to work in UNIX and became *ed to the game Spider. I
>> now only have access to my own PC, and have been trying to figure
>> out how I can get a copy of Spider in UNIX for my PC. I've tried
>> the PC versions of Spider and they just don't do it. Does anyone
>> know if I can partition my PC hard drive, install UNIX on one
>> partition and run Spider? Does anyone know what software I can
>> get to run UNIX and if it includes Spider ?
>How about, just will anyone release the source to SCO's version of
>'spider'?

How would SCO's version differ from that at - for example - the
University of North Carolina.
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/games/solitaires is the base
port for the FreeBSD ports version.  The BSD patches make two
documentation change - one is the word 'microseconds' the other is
renamin the function RoundCards to RoundsCards.  So the Linux
version would most likely work.  The README has a 1991 date,
and the Linux README has a 1992 date.

Should be available at any SunSite.

--

1. Unix Plug-ins?

Is it possible to create external code files in Unix?

No, I'm not thinking of libraries (static or shared),
nor am I referring to full applications called after
a fork()/exec() pair.

I'm interested in opening some kind of file, read it into
memory, and jump to it.  Is this possible in Unix?

Thanks,

  Dave.

             The Alt.Sources.Mac Archivist
     <http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/alt.sources.mac/>
    <ftp://ftp.AmbrosiaSW.com/pub/alt.sources.mac/>

2. Trouble with aic7xxx driver for AHA2940

3. Remote unix (RS/6000) servers with dial-ins

4. Can't compile zmailer under SunOS 4.1.1

5. Unix Libraries Ins/Outs

6. gimptool missing from RedHat 6.0

7. Games and 'game mode indeterminate'

8. Linux on CTX EzBook 760 network problems - 3C589D, EigerNet, Linksys PCMPC100

9. based games: looking for a game like that

10. Games? Who cares about games?

11. GAME: Final Battle multiplayer space game for X

12. GAME - Gem Drop X one-player puzzle game

13. DEMO of game: Terroid (shooting game)