Real Time Clock not responding - Am I screwed??

Real Time Clock not responding - Am I screwed??

Post by Allan Meidlei » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Greetings!

I'm running UnixWare 7.0.1 on a Pentium 200 MMX with an ASUS TXP4
motherboard.  This machine acts as an Apache Web Server and runs great.
Most of the time, I have the CDE logon screen displayed; however, if I
switch ( Alt + SysRq + h ) to the command line logon, I see the following
 repeated followed by the logon prompt at the bottom ):

Nov 8 21:01:30 BCS1 unix: NOTICE: rtcget: failed to read clock
Real Time Clock not responding.

However, the time for the system and BIOS are correct and always have been.
It doesn't seem to cause any harm, so is this just something I'll have to
accept??

Thanks in advance for putting my worries at ease....

--
Allan Stuart Meidlein
Programmer/Technologist

1. How to profile in REAL time (not process-virtual time)

Hi,

  Does anyone know of a way to use the GNU profiler using REAL time
and not just process virtual time?  The reason is, that I want to see
the time some functions are blocking (waiting for file locking to
go through), and the current profiler output only lists time in
the actual process.

  Thanks,
  Seth

  sethg.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Networking over parallel port

3. Real-Time Clock

4. transparent proxying unsing nat !`?

5. Real time clock delay problem

6. Strange behaviour of rsh on AIX 4.1.3

7. enhanced real time clock support; how to say 'y'

8. Configuring Semaphore values

9. UDB and Real Time Clock

10. Real time clock (RTC) and UNIX

11. Kernel bug? Real Time Clock Freezes

12. Real time clock in shell

13. Enhanced real time clock and Alpha UP2000 SMP