Faster is not always better... Character App prob in X.

Faster is not always better... Character App prob in X.

Post by Kerkman, Ti » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Operating System:  SCO 5.0.4

I have just added a new Acer Altos 9100B, Dual 400 Processors, with  500
Meg of Ram.  The
server screams.  The problem I have it that certain people are still
using an old Character Based
application that I lauch in an xterm client.  This same app was running
fine on their old  233 processor.
with 5.0.4.

But now the screen paints are so fast that I am loosing data, also the
same results on the Wyse 60, but
not a bad.

This old application uses a termcap file for the terminal behavior,  I
had attempted to add padding and
things like that with no luck.

I would contact the software vendor, but they are out of business...

Could this be a problem with the 1K buffer that termcap uses?

Any other ideas of suggestion on how to correct this would greatly be
appreciated.