SCO Free OpenServer and Creative CD-Blaster 2x CD-ROM

SCO Free OpenServer and Creative CD-Blaster 2x CD-ROM

Post by Justin B. Helm » Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

Just got my Free OpenServer CD and want to know if anyone has had more
like then I in getting it to recognize a Creative Labs CD-ROM Blaster
2x. The documentation on the drive is very skimpy making mention only
to the "IDE Interface card", a small 8-bit ISA card that came with the
drive. I don't know anymore about this drive besides that! I tried the
normal EIDE setup procedure in the setup notes on the CD, no luck. I
also tried running it off of the secondary IDE controller (like the
Sony IDE drives) with no luck also. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Justin B. Helmig

http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~jhelmig

Post by Bela Lubki » Thu, 26 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Just got my Free OpenServer CD and want to know if anyone has had more
> like then I in getting it to recognize a Creative Labs CD-ROM Blaster
> 2x. The documentation on the drive is very skimpy making mention only
> to the "IDE Interface card", a small 8-bit ISA card that came with the
> drive. I don't know anymore about this drive besides that! I tried the
> normal EIDE setup procedure in the setup notes on the CD, no luck. I
> also tried running it off of the secondary IDE controller (like the
> Sony IDE drives) with no luck also. Any suggestions?

Have you read http://www3.sco.com/Products/freeunix/suppinst.html?

What sort of "no luck" have you had?  Apparently you don't mean your
computer burst into flames, or you wouldn't have been able to try a
second time...

The drive probably has a manufacturer and model printed somewhere on it.
That information might help someone determine whether it's a real ATAPI
drive or some sort of bizarre proprietary thing.  If the interface card
identifies itself, that would help too (but there seems to be a rule
that manufacturers Do Not Label their cards, lest they be called upon to
support them.  With some exceptions, of course.)  Sometimes there's an
FCC ID label that you can guess the product name from.

Quote:>Bela<

1. Free SCO and 2x SoundBlaster CD-ROM Drive

Since the controller is on the sound card in this configuration, I'm
guessing there is no way I can do this, but I gotta try.

I have an older SoundBlaster 16 sound card and 2x Creative CD-ROM
drive.  I can't seem to find a way to install the nice free SCO
using this configuration.  Is ther a way?

Your help is appreciated big time.

Thanks.

Mike

--
Mike Shamas

2. A question about tar

3. Free SCO and CREATIVE LABS scsi cd-rom

4. Easy ??? for a Samba guru

5. Installing Free SCO Openserver; CD-ROM not recognised

6. replacement for tip?

7. text is too small in browser's window

8. creative 2x CD-ROM, "device not configured"

9. RedHat 4.1 installation and Creative Labs 2x CD-ROM won't work!!!!

10. will linux install from Creative Blaster CD 2x Model MK4015?

11. Sound Blaster 16 PnP x Creative CD-ROM 4x PC2 Question