Error: Can't Open Display

Post by Transpow » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:36:02

This is the SCO OpenServer 5.06 X-Windows error message I get with VSI-Fax 4.1
when attempting to launch VSIX.. I've set the xhosts file properly.  All other
X-applications work fine.  I've set the DISPLAY variable to both the name and
number--no difference in the error message.  What could be wrong?

RWS

Error: Can't Open Display

Post by j.. » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:54:03

Quote:> This is the SCO OpenServer 5.06 X-Windows error message I get with
VSI-Fax 4.1
> when attempting to launch VSIX.. I've set the xhosts file properly.
All other
> X-applications work fine.  I've set the DISPLAY variable to both the
name and
> number--no difference in the error message.  What could be wrong?

What version of Java is VSIX running?  Try to isolate where it invokes
Java and try to invoke it yourself by hand.  See if the GUI comes up
after setting both DISPLAY by hand and xhost +<self> by hand.  If that
still doesn't work, you have a Java problem; a later SCO Java release
may have fixed it.  If that does work, something is going wrong in
the VSIX startup scripts or the like.

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Error: Can't Open Display

Post by Transpow » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:59:42

If I set the DISPLAY variable to the IP address (rather than the name), I get a
different message:

ErrorCB():  Cannot get host address for scounix2 [the server name]:  Connection
timed out (2)
Couldn't connect:  No Error

Huh?  What does this mean?

RWS

1. Problem: 'can't open display'-error message

Hi,

I have a problem using Linux and remote graphical display. Maybe someone
can help me? I installed the Slackware 3.0 distribution, and the system
seems to work perfectly. Except for the following :-(

My problem:
I want to use graphical display information from a sg (sg1) on my Linux
computer (pc). However, when I start a graphical program it tells me:
      'can't open display'.

Here is what I do:
pc:   rsh sg1
sg1:  setenv DISPLAY pc:0.0
pc:   xhost +sg1
sg1:  winterm
[I actually get the sg1-winterm screen on my pc-screen at this time, so
env variables are set correctly (?)]
sg1:  xv (or any other program)

This is the result:
      'xv: can't open display'

Someone can gimme a clue?

Thanks in advance,
Rene van Donkelaar,

2. ipchains and snmp traffic, dont work?

3. Error: Can't open display:

4. root compromised

5. Error: Can't open display

6. Linux box can be embedded inside a PC -- CNETAsia

7. Netscape Error: Can't open display

8. Hostname command oddity

9. fixing xterm error: Can't open display

10. Error: Can't open display

11. Error: Can't open display: 144.127.61.165:0

12. "Error: Can't open display: 0.0" message when I try to run Netscape

13. Can't open display, though DISPLAY defined...