Looking for pop3 mail daemon source or binary

Looking for pop3 mail daemon source or binary

Post by Tom Karch » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I have a client who wants to install a POP-3 mail daemon on his SCO Unix
server. The OS version is Sys V, Rel. 3, version 4.1 (?).

I tried to compile POP source off the net (popper) but was unsuccessful.

Am looking for a binary, source or diffs to a POP-3 mail server daemon.

Please reply by email; I am not a regular reader of this group.

Regards,
Tom Karches

--------------------------------------------------------------------.
Tom Karches                    -- Integral Systems --               |

Dallas, Texas   .---------------------------------------------------'
----------------

Post by Chris Fais » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I have a client who wants to install a POP-3 mail daemon on his SCO Unix
>server. The OS version is Sys V, Rel. 3, version 4.1 (?).

>I tried to compile POP source off the net (popper) but was unsuccessful.

>Am looking for a binary, source or diffs to a POP-3 mail server daemon.

>Please reply by email; I am not a regular reader of this group.

>Regards,
>Tom Karches

Pick up tls049distar from SCO's BBS (SOSCO) or via FTP.  It's compiled
and ready to run.

FYI- OS 5.0 includes the pop3 server.

Regards,

Chris Faist
ICS Support, Inc.
APC - Kirkland,  WA

: --------------------------------------------------------------------.
: Tom Karches                    -- Integral Systems --               |

: Dallas, Texas   .---------------------------------------------------'
: ----------------
A precompiled version of popper is available by ftp from ftp.sco.com.
Look for the files tls049.*, I think.  There also a note about how it was
compiled.

I've just set it up and I'm concerned about it's lack of a
locking scheme for the spool files.  I think that there's a good chance
incoming messages could get clobbered while a pop client is reading the
current messages.  Does any one have some reassurance for me?

Given that its a beta release, I am also concerned about security
issues.  Does anyone know where I can get a description of its command
syntax/security issues?

Thanks much,
jeremy