mail script

Post by tt » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello

I have to make script that sends some log files to myself via sendmail,
so can anybody help me with script syntax?

Thanks4help
tt

mail script

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hello

> I have to make script that sends some log files to myself via sendmail,
> so can anybody help me with script syntax?

SUBJECT="Here's your logs `date`"

FILE=/var/syslog
mail -s "$SUBJECT" $SENDTO < $FILE

Is that what you want?

--

SCO articles, help, book reviews, tests,
job listings and more : http://www.ApLawrence.com

mail script

Post by Steve Wert » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello
> I have to make script that sends some log files to myself via sendmail,
> so can anybody help me with script syntax?

Tony posted the more traditional way.  If you insist on using 'sendmail',
a quick look at the man-page suggests I do something like this:

517$ echo "."|/usr/lib/sendmail -bm swertz < /usr/adm/messages

Sometimes people wonder "where did the rest of my mail message
go", only to find that somewhere in the message was a line that started
with and contained only a single dot/period (which truncates a
message in mail/mailx, regardless of '[un]set dot' in your ~/.mailrc').

-sw

1. Form to Mail Script Won't Mail

I'm running cgi scripts just fine except that every form-to-mail script I
try appears to work, but the mail is never sent.  I'm running Perl5 and
Apache 1.2 on SunOS 5.5.1.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

2. Limit ppp connect time

3. Q: How can I set uid on a mailing script...

4. setid problem

5. : ksh mail script

6. Driver developer wanted

7. Mail Script

8. Help ! Problems with multiple IP-numbers

9. Mail script in Linux

10. help with mail script

11. mail script

12. How do I send a hyper link to a file from mail script?