RedHat 7.2 autofs problem

Post by le » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:58:54

I'm trying autofs for the first time and cannot seem to get it
working.

First of all NFS is working fine because I can mount OK via the mount
cmd:

mount MACHINEB:/testnfs /testnfs

This works fine - when I ls on /testnfs I see all the shared.  I then
umount /testnfs to try my autofs

my auto.master looks like this:
/testnfs file:/etc/auto.testnfs

(I've tried boht with and without "file:")

my auto.testnfs looks like this:

* -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid MACHINEB:/testnfs

(have also tried with just -fstype=nfs in the options)

When I restart autofs I see the mount at /testnfs but I do not see any
of the shared files.

Any idea what might be wrong or how I can debug?

Regards.

1. RedHat 7.2 autofs problem

I'm trying autofs for the first time and cannot seem to get it
working.

First of all NFS is working fine because I can mount OK via the mount
cmd:

mount MACHINEB:/testnfs /testnfs

This works fine - when I ls on /testnfs I see all the shared.  I then
umount /testnfs to try my autofs

my auto.master looks like this:
/testnfs        file:/etc/auto.testnfs

(I've tried boht with and without "file:")

my auto.testnfs looks like this:

* -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid MACHINEB:/testnfs

(have also tried with just -fstype=nfs in the options)

When I restart autofs I see the mount at /testnfs but I do not see any
of the shared files.

Any idea what might be wrong or how I can debug?

Regards.

2. Firewall into existing LAN

3. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

4. Windows FTP on UNIX

5. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

6. Saint and year 2000

7. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2

8. problems with tg3 ethernet driver

9. RedHat 7.2 on THinkPad 7.2

10. Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.x or Redhat 7.2 ?

11. Redhat 7.2 root password problems

12. Problems with accessing a RedHat Linux 7.2 from outside

13. grub problem with RedHat 7.2