error when running Unreal Tournament

Post by ColGra » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 04:09:49

Hi, could you guys help me out? I installed UT 436 on my computer with
a geforce 2mx video card (yes, I installed the drivers)
and the install went fine. But when I try to run the game, it doesn't
get past the console, and fails with this message it can't find GLX
visual.
Thanks.

Post by Bryce Kenned » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:04:02

> Hi, could you guys help me out? I installed UT 436 on my computer with a
> geforce 2mx video card (yes, I installed the drivers) and the install
> went fine. But when I try to run the game, it doesn't get past the
> console, and fails with this message it can't find GLX visual. Thanks.

The first thing to do is use the command.....  lsmod and see if the NVdriver is loaded, if it
is then did you install the Nvidia GLX package? If you have not done so
go to the Linux Nvidia site and read the forums and install. Also very
very important....do not add the NVdriver while in a X window do it from
a command line with no X being used.