Open Office versus Star Office - Opinions please

Open Office versus Star Office - Opinions please

Post by Carolyn Marenge » Sun, 09 Jun 2002 16:54:15

I am starting up a business, hopefully 100% windows free.  Can people
please tell me their opinions of Open Office and Star Office?  Which whould
you choose to use for a business and why?

Thanks,  Carolyn
--
Carolyn Marenger, Co-Director
Society for the Betterment of the Marenger Family

Open Office versus Star Office - Opinions please

Post by Xander Sol » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:35:52

For one, OpenOffice can be installed without the JRE.
Which speedens up the program loading.
Basically OpenOffice is based on the StarOffice Suite and is the same
regarding it's features. But the only difference is that today,
StarOffice is not open source anymore.

Post by mjt » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 02:05:03

Open Office versus Star Office - Opinions please

Post by uzo » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:18:30

StarOffice isnt free anymore.
I haven't used StarOffice in about a year but then, when running it,
whether it was word or the spreadsheet there was always a "StarOffice
Desktop" open which used up alot of system resources.
For over a year I've been using OpenOffice and it doesn't have a
desktop. it also runs much faster.