Arnet ISA Smart Port Plus 8 and Linux???

Arnet ISA Smart Port Plus 8 and Linux???

Post by Hoyt Emmet Huds » Sun, 11 Jul 1993 04:46:16

Does anyone have experience with getting an Arnet ISA Smart Port
Plus 8 working under Linux?  Is it even possible.  Can it be
configured to emulate the BOCA boards which do work under linux?
I would like to run 8 high speed modems off a 486/66 and happen
to have one of these cards.

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience, ideas, or knowhow on
the subject.  Thanks.
--
----------------------------------------    Hoyt Hudson
signature                                   Interaccess

Post by Phil Hugh » Wed, 14 Jul 1993 04:13:38

: Does anyone have experience with getting an Arnet ISA Smart Port
: Plus 8 working under Linux?  Is it even possible.  Can it be
: configured to emulate the BOCA boards which do work under linux?
: I would like to run 8 high speed modems off a 486/66 and happen
: to have one of these cards.

Nope, won't work.  This board requires a unique driver.  It would require
Arnet to release source code to port the driver.  I doubt they would do
this.  The driver wasn't written by them -- it was done by a consultant --
so I don't even know if they could if they wanted to.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX

Quote:>>> Publishers of pocket references for UNIX, C, VI, Emacs, Ksh, MS-DOS, ... <<<

1. looking for arnet smart port plus dos drivers

hi
i'm looking for dos (i know) drivers for a multiport 8 serial board from
Arnet. the board is a smartport plus 8 port.
Arnet does not exist and digi does not support any more these products.
the old drivers found on digi www is only for the port+ arnet board and does
not work.
if somebody know anything about it pleeease send me a little mail or
forward this post in a better group.
thank you for any help.

bye

2. Irda probs on Thinkpad R31

3. arnet smart ports serial

4. Term Problem

5. 2.0.35 -> Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus ISA

6. Setting up modem

7. I need sofware for use Arnet SmartPort Plus multiport card!

8. Heartbeat AND HACMP

9. Need software for Arnet Smartport Plus multiport card

10. I need sofware for use Arnet SmartPort Plus multiport card!

11. ARNET SmartPort Plus R.I.P.

12. Linux driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Ringnode ISA adaptor