problem with nat in kernel-2.16.22 on cable modem (i-cable)

problem with nat in kernel-2.16.22 on cable modem (i-cable)

Post by Dennis Leun » Sat, 09 Dec 2000 02:44:22

Hey guys. I have already setup the redhat 7.0 with kernel-2.16.22 by the way
this computer has the services of NAT with two D-Link 10/100 LAN Card. In
this issue I have successed in sharing the whole internal network. I live in
Hong Kong and using the cable modem with the ISP of i-cable
When I connect to internet after one or two hours. The connection of
internet auto break down.
- I noticed that it lost the interface of eth0 (connect with internet) in
the picture of command "netconf"
- when I used "ipconfig" to test , in losing the connection of internet, all
display was normally.
- when I used "ping" with internal IP, there had no problem with that. But I
used "ping" command with external IP. It displayed error.
- after using "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart" to restart the service of
network, it was normal.
Please help me to solve it.

1. Cable modem..56 modem dial up, 500K cable modem download stream...

I have 2 network cards and 1 modem in a Linux Box with RH6.
My cable modem uses the modem to start a PPP session, and the network card
is then hooked up to the VPN of the ISP.

I would like to setup a IP Masquraded Firewall to hook some of my other
boxes
behind the firewall.

I  cannot find a HOW-TO to setup the Linux box using this type of Cable
Modem.  I
have only found 2 way cable modems.  Can someone point me it the right
direction.

My problem is that I don't know how to get Linux connected, then also, how
do I configure
ipchains or ipfwadm to use the correct rule set.  Do I do the modem or the
network card.  The
network card has a static IP of 10.0.0.1 which is usally used for VPNs.  My
cable company
is of corse not supporting Linux, so I have to do it myself.  The PPP dialup
uses DHCP to
assign my address so I have dhcp setup.

Thanks in advance..

Aaron

2. xauth: please help!! (i'm tired of doing xhost)

3. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

4. Comp.os.linux.* listed in Linux Journal?

5. @Home Cable Modem and RedHat 6.0 -- no packets get past the cable modem at all!

6. URGENT:Ethernet Adapter Question

7. Cable modem: DHCP works - NAT doesn't (ipfilter problem?)

8. RH 6.1 and Iomega ZipCD (Philips CDD-4201)

9. Connection problems with new NAT server / Firewall connected to cable modem.

10. linux online!!!use i-cable

11. Cox Cable installing a cable modem

12. Anyone using Cable TV Montgomery cable modems?

13. Yet another cable modem setup question :( (Philadelphia area Suburban Cable)