Newsgroup Account

Post by Deepak Nay » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:57:01

I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group
account. But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help
me out?

Newsgroup Account

Post by Russell Sha » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:25:16

> I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group
> account. But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help
> me out?

Look at the specs in the home page of your isp.

Typically: news.<your isp without www>

Newsgroup Account

Post by The Illie » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:10:04

> I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group
> account. But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help
> me out?

should be the same server name you used to connect to this one.

--

The Illien

Celebrate bacteria, its the only culture humans have

Newsgroup Account

Post by ynotsso » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:17:46

Quote:>> I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group
>> account. But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help
>> me out?

> should be the same server name you used to connect to this one.

I don't think http://groups.google.com is what the OP was asking.

       tony

--
use hotmail.com for any email replies

Newsgroup Account

Post by Lenard Charter » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:33:17

Quote:> I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group account.
> But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help me out?

Call and ask your ISP for this information.

You might just try something like; ping news.isp_name.com you may get lucky.

--
end
Why you cannot read this, try a different reader!!

Newsgroup Account

Post by Bill Marcu » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:03:49

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:10:04 GMT, The Illien

>> I want to configure "comp.os.linux" in my mozilla as a news group
>> account. But do not know the nntp server name. Can anybody please help
>> me out?

> should be the same server name you used to connect to this one.

According to the headers, Deepak posted via google.com, which doesn't
have a public nntp server.  If your ISP doesn't have an nntp server,
try news.cis.dfn.de, or do a google search for "public news servers".

--
bill marcum the mushroom-eating laboratory monkey
What kind of monkey are you? http://thesurrealist.co.uk/monkey.cgi