Where can I get pfdisk-0.92?

Post by n.h.chandl » Thu, 23 Apr 1992 02:22:03

Where can I locate pfdisk-0.92 and fdisk-0.92?  I'd
prefer that they were not wrapped up with 2 megabytes
of other stuff that I'd have to discard.

Neville H. Chandler

Where can I get pfdisk-0.92?

Post by A. V. Le Bla » Fri, 24 Apr 1992 00:25:07

>Where can I locate pfdisk-0.92 and fdisk-0.92?  I'd
>prefer that they were not wrapped up with 2 megabytes
>of other stuff that I'd have to discard.

I have written to Neville Chandler privately, but as I have received
several queries about this, I believe the result will be of general
interest.

I will -- soon, I hope -- put together another packaged fdisk and
upload it to nic.funet.fi and to tsx-11.mit.edu, as well as sending
bits to a couple of people who requested them.  In the interim, if
anyone wishes for a copy of fdisk, it is available in several forms:

(1)  Obviously it is in the 'interim' version of Linux I put together.
This is a shared library executable.  You do need to get about 1.5
mb of files to be able to extract both fdisk and the shared library.

(2)  An UNLINKED binary, compiled by gcc 2.1, is in the file
misc-linux.tar.Z in the directory /pub/linux/mcc-interim/0.95c+/files.a
at ftp.mcc.ac.uk [130.88.200.7] and at its mirror at banjo.concert.net.
To link it after untarring (assuming you have gcc 2.1 installed),
type 'gcc -o fdisk fdisk.a'.  The misc-linux.tar.Z file is 86835 bytes.

(3)  The source, as well as a Makefile, are in the file misc.tar.Z
in the directory /pub/linux/mcc-interim/0.95c+/sources.  This file
is 134820 bytes.

(4)  The latest version of the README file is README.fdisk, in
/pub/linux/mcc-interim/0.95c+.  It was 9295 bytes when I wrote
this note, but I suspect it was rather larger only minutes later.

I am doing my best to have sources orand patches for absolutely
everything in the 'interim' version, and I am also working on a
complete collection of man pages, as well as a man command which
someone else contributed, but which I am almost, but not quite,
satisfied with.  This will make the fifth and final disk of the
'interim' version, and will include groff as well, since that is
useful together with man.  I hope they all fit on a disk!

All of this should eventually be explained in a note somewhere,
but I haven't written it yet.  Please be patient!  Interim
versions are likely to be a little chaotic in their organisation....
After all, none of this is official.

     -- Owen

(3)

1. Getting USRobotics V.92 5686E to run full speed on SPARC solaris9

Can anyone tell me the commands or patch that will enable the modem to
keep its special dialup acceleration features? USRobertics seems to have
no info on this.
Also, what is the best way to measure the resulting dialup PPP b.p.s.?
Thanks
Don

Donald F. Parsons MB.BS, Ph.D, Research Physician,Wadsworth Ctr
NY State Dept of Health, ESP Box 509, Albany NY 12201-0509

2. Metro to XFree86

3. HP 700/92

4. How to reformat man pages for Solaris 2.5 ?

5. Linux Gazette #92 (July 2003) available

6. Need help with getting kernel table info

7. actiontec v.92 callwaiting modem

8. Would now like to install network configuration

9. Is there a Gnome applet for V.92 modem?

10. VisionFS 92 v2.0 from v1.2 now not working

11. GNU radius 0.92.1 ...

12. SupEur 92 Conference Announcement

13. Can't start KDE1.92...