Install Apache with PHP and Oracle

Post by Stefan Hilfike » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:05:36

Hello all

I've got a problem. I installed Oracle 8.1.7 on my Redhat 7.3 machine. Now,
I'd like to use PHP and connect from PHP to Oracle.
Can someone tell me, how I can install PHP and Apache with Oracle Support?
The best way would be a step-for-step how to.

I'm using:
Redhat 7.3
Apache 1.3.37
PHP 4.2.3
Oracle 8.1.7

Thanks a lot and greets
Stefan

Install Apache with PHP and Oracle

Post by Sybren Stuve » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 01:23:46

Stefan Hilfiker enlightened us with:

Quote:> Can someone tell me, how I can install PHP and Apache with Oracle
> Support?  The best way would be a step-for-step how to.

A step-for-step howto is quite much to ask, and is something I can't
give you. You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oracle.php

Sybren
--
| Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
| the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |

Install Apache with PHP and Oracle

Post by Stefan Hilfike » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:29:51

Thanks for your answer, but before I can call this functions from PHP, I
need to install PHP and Apache with Oracle Support and this is my problem.

Greets Stefan

Quote:> Stefan Hilfiker enlightened us with:
> > Can someone tell me, how I can install PHP and Apache with Oracle
> > Support?  The best way would be a step-for-step how to.

> A step-for-step howto is quite much to ask, and is something I can't
> give you. You might want to take a look at this:

> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oracle.php

> Sybren
> --
> | Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
> | the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |
> \-------------------------------------------------------------------/
> If you have to use Outlook, fix it: http://jump.to/oe-quotefix

1. Solaris - PHP- Apache- Oracle : Problem getting PHP installed

hello all-
I hope someone can help me. I am having difficulties getting PHP to
compile properly on my solaris 7 system.

It dies during the make. The error has to do with the stub.lo file-the
exact error is:
stub.lo: File Not Recognized:File Truncated.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I configured PHP with the following parameters:
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/apxs --with-
oracle=/opt/myoraclehome

Apache was already installed with most modules, includeding the
mod_so module.
I also went in and had to hand configure the apxs file as specified in
the PHP FAQ.

Anyone have any ideas? As usual, I am on a deadline, and totally
stumped.

Thanks!
Brittney McChristy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Question on video driver

3. Apache w/ PHP and SSL: w/ PHP OK - w/out PHP NOK

4. Problem with jetadmin printing in HP LaserJet Printer

5. PHP/Oracle and PHP Training

6. BSDCon 2003 - Call for Papers

7. Apache+PHP+ODBC+ORACLE

8. How to get the execution directory at runtime

9. Apache-PHP-Oracle linking problem

10. apache+php+oracle

11. Problems with Apache/Oracle/PHP

12. Need to compile Apache/PHP with Oracle

13. Compiling Apache 1.3.x with PHP and Oracle 7.3.4 on HPUX11