Verifying packages?

Post by Tom LeTournea » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:31:46

Seems like I have more than my questions as a new user of RH 7. When I
verify packages in RH 7.0 (Gnorpm or with rpm verify in shell), I see
"problems" marked MD5, modification time, modification date, User,
Group...

Is there an expert out there who can tell me where I can find the
meanings of these problems... or where I can find the meanings...AND
perhaps what I can do about them?

Much appreciated!

Verifying packages?

Post by Jimi Thompso » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:08:05

Go to the command line.  Type in

rpm -qa > rpm

This will generate a file named rpm that will have all the installed RPM's
on your machine.  Then you can go in and type

rpm -qi nameofrpm.rpm

This will give you a fair amount of information regarding the RPM in
question.

Post again if you need more information.

HTH,

Jimi

Quote:> Seems like I have more than my questions as a new user of RH 7. When I
> verify packages in RH 7.0 (Gnorpm or with rpm verify in shell), I see
> "problems" marked MD5, modification time, modification date, User,
> Group...

> Is there an expert out there who can tell me where I can find the
> meanings of these problems... or where I can find the meanings...AND
> perhaps what I can do about them?

> Much appreciated!

1. Verifying packages?

Seems like I have more than my questions as a new user of RH 7. When I
verify packages in RH 7.0 (Gnorpm or with rpm verify in shell), I see
"problems" marked MD5, modification time, modification date, User,
Group...

Is there an expert out there who can tell me where I can find the
meanings of these problems... or where I can find the meanings...AND
perhaps what I can do about them?

Much appreciated!

2. How do I compile my Slakware 1.2.1 kernel? No "make"?

3. Jumpstart - verify package

4. remounting /

5. debsig-verify or Verifying Debian Packages

6. Darn!, I can`t Make SOCKS

7. problem verifying RH 5.1 packages

8. Anyone got

9. How to "Verify" all rpm packages?

10. How to verify a rpm package

11. Why are some packages installed in all zones for Solaris 10, but some packages are not ?

12. xmstat statistical package package, binaries?

13. make package from an installed package