Question about timer

Post by liandongzha » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:00:58

when and where does linux set the clock interrupt ferquency to 100HZ?
I know linux time  isr fires every 10ms but i can not find where the
time hardware is set to this frequency and now i hope to change the
frequency.

1. Question about timer interrupt and xtime

Hi everybody,

In kernel 2.2.18, update_wall_time() called by timer_bh use
lost_ticks to adjust xtime, my question is: while kernel executes
cli(), timer interrupts are ignored, so the real time passed >=
lost_ticks. Therefore lost_ticks are not accurate anymore, how
should kernel use lost_ticks to adjust rtc?

Regards,
Yuchung

2. Kernel 1.1.29 broke my rz

3. High-res-timers part 3 (POSIX clocks & timers) take 5

4. Ignore

5. POSIX timers versus System V timers

6. Viri under Linux

7. Timer interrupt cleanups [2/3] - local timer

8. Would you use Inernet Explorer 3.0/4.0 if it was ported to Linux?

9. High-res-timers part 3 (POSIX clocks & timers) take 2

10. George Anzinger's high res timers and posix timers

11. High-res-timers part 3 (POSIX clocks & timers) take 3

12. Timer interrupt cleanups [1/3] - global timer

13. increasing the interval timer resolution on linux & availability of hires proprietory timer