KDE for Debian GNU/Linux 2.2

Post by Jason N » Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:56:53

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can download the stable version of KDE for Potato?
I have tried ftp.kde.org, but it does not have the deb packages...

Regards,
Jason

KDE for Debian GNU/Linux 2.2

Post by Simon Brook » Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Does anyone know where I can download the stable version of KDE for Potato?
> I have tried ftp.kde.org, but it does not have the deb packages...

Seeing I was the last person to ask that question here, I can give you
the answer. Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.uni-marburg.de/mirror/debian-kde.tdyc.com potato kde contrib rkrusty kde

Slight warning: I wanted KDE2, that's what I asked for, that's what I
got. The version of the invokation I've given you should get KDE1.2,
but I haven't tested it.

--

1. Some Questions About Debian GNU/Linux 2.2

Hi,

Recently I have installed Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 in my computer, I have some
questions to ask:

1. How can I disable the xdm which is started automatically each time the
machine boots up? I have tried to modify the /etc/inittab file. But unlike
Redhat 6.2, which I can choose my runtime level by just changing the line
id:5:initdefault to id:3:initdefault, I couldn't change the runtime level
even I modified the line... What's the problem?

2. During the installation, I have chosen PPPoE packages to install. But how
can I configure the connection setting and how to startup the service?

3. After I installed GNOME, I found that it's not as good as KDE and I would
like to install KDE on my X11. How to change the default window manager to
KDE?

Regards,
Jason

2. get a tty on serial port

3. Nedeed Help with Elsa Gladiac 311 on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r2

4. statx(./../) Fails When In NFS Filesystem.

5. Cyrillic fonts in Debian GNU/Linux 2.2

6. plato+ncr810+ibmdpes1080

7. Debian GNU/Linux upgrade to Debian GNU/Hurd???

8. CERN w3c zombies under Linux

9. problems with linux resolver in debian 2.2 and glibc 2.2

10. Debian packages for kde 2.2 CVS versions

11. KDE 3.01 for DEBIAN 2.2 powerpc??

12. How to install KDE 3.0 on a Debian 2.2 ?

13. Please HELP: Trouble installing Corel/KDE/Debian/GNU/Linux