NEED HELP SETTING TIME ZONE USING DATE COMMAND

NEED HELP SETTING TIME ZONE USING DATE COMMAND

Post by Paul Con » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:20:59

Silly question but....

From the prompt, how do I set the time zone using the date command on a
linux server?

I've read "man date" "date --h" & "info date" and I'm still perplexed.  I
can set the time and date but changing the time zone is the problem.  This
is what I usually type to change the date:

/root# date 0805233001

Thanks for any help!

1. How to set Date/Time zone on Linux?

I tried to look at the previous postings but I couldn't find the
answer to this:
I am using Redhat 6.2 as the root user, I am trying to set the date
and the time zone on my machine using the "date" command, but I
could't find out how to set the time zone on my machine.  I could
retrieve the GMT using "date -u", but that's about all I can get.
Also, I would like to know if there's any way for me to find out
what country and their counrty code my machine can regonize?
Thank you very much for your help.

Digital Rider

2. how unstable are the kernal versions after 1.3.20?

3. Good ftp server?

4. Setting date correctly for my time zone

5. crontab deleted!

6. System date and file dates not showing in same time zone

7. AlphaServer 300 ISA Video Card

8. How to set Date/Time zone on Linux?

9. setting the time zone for `date'

10. Setting date correctly for my time zone

11. can't set time with date command

12. how to set time and time zone correctly?