Where to find docs of Network/Socket Programming API of Linux Kernel 2.4.7?

Where to find docs of Network/Socket Programming API of Linux Kernel 2.4.7?

Post by Ari » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:48:40

Hello Linux Gurus,
  Would you pls tell me where can I find COMPLETE documentation of
Network/Socket functions that is implemented in Linux Kernel 2.4.7 of
RedHat
Linux 7.2?

  Thanks in Advance.

  Take care.
  Arif

Where to find docs of Network/Socket Programming API of Linux Kernel 2.4.7?

Post by Jonathan Bettencour » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:12:44

Unix Networking Programming, Volume One
Stevens is God

-Jon

> Hello Linux Gurus,
>   Would you pls tell me where can I find COMPLETE documentation of
> Network/Socket functions that is implemented in Linux Kernel 2.4.7 of
> RedHat
> Linux 7.2?

>   Thanks in Advance.

>   Take care.
>   Arif

Where to find docs of Network/Socket Programming API of Linux Kernel 2.4.7?

Post by Ari » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 10:26:48

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that Stevens' book is mainly for Solaris. However,
Solaris(SUNOS 5.8) also does not support all IPv6 related features
mentioned in Stevens book. Stevens book just mentions Advanced socket
API RFC pages (eg. IETF RFC2292). But Solaris didn't follow this RFC
completely. There is also bugs in Solaris Kernel's implementation of
this RFC!!

 I just need to know whether Linux Kernel 2.4.7 has implemented this
RFC completely. Where can I find this info. I looked at redhat site. I
didn't find any info.

  Arif

> Unix Networking Programming, Volume One
> Stevens is God

> -Jon

> > Hello Linux Gurus,
> >   Would you pls tell me where can I find COMPLETE documentation of
> > Network/Socket functions that is implemented in Linux Kernel 2.4.7 of
> > RedHat
> > Linux 7.2?

> >   Thanks in Advance.

> >   Take care.
> >   Arif

1. source code from Unix networking programming Networking APIs:Sockets and XTI

Please help!
I try to study source code from W. Richard Stevens book:
Unix networking programming Networking APIs:Sockets
and XTI in Linux Red Hat 7.0 platform.

I download the file
unpv12e.tar.gz, my operation is as following:

gunzip -c unpv12e.tar.gz |tar -xvf-

cd unpv12e

./configure

cd lib

make

then appear in_pktinfo redifination error

I am a biginner about Linux ,Unix, Networking, I have no ieda about this
error. please give me
some guide,what should I do next. thank in advance!

David
Email:

2. Anyone using Fujitsu Lifebook?

3. Setting Unix Socket Timeouts... and good docs on network programming?

4. I can't get in networking

5. HCON API/API programming ...

6. Promise DC4030vl-2

7. Where can I find programming API?

8. CERN Proxy Server and <defunct> processes

9. Docs on socket programming....

10. APIs of low level network programming

11. Do and Don'ts for socket programming from kernel module/kernel-thread

12. where to find details on NIC driver API changes in specific kernel versions

13. Where to find the document about Kernel exported API ?