How to change the compile parameter for a RPM package

How to change the compile parameter for a RPM package

Post by XIP » Tue, 01 May 2001 02:07:00

I am using the Red Hat's IMAP-2000-3 package and suspected that it does not
compile with the mbox (which is default option of the UW IMAP server)
driver.

Could anyone let me know how I can changed the compile flag?
Does it need to download the SRPM from Red Hat and what are the procedure of
changing the compile flag and compile or install it. ?

Simon :=)  ???

Post by Vilmos Sot » Tue, 01 May 2001 07:24:52

> I am using the Red Hat's IMAP-2000-3 package and suspected that it does not
> compile with the mbox (which is default option of the UW IMAP server)
> driver.

> Could anyone let me know how I can changed the compile flag?
> Does it need to download the SRPM from Red Hat and what are the procedure of
> changing the compile flag and compile or install it. ?

I just posted an article in this ng which is also relevant to your misery.

Vilmos

1. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with linux binary capability installed (linux
base 6.1).  I know that the linux capability works because I have
WordPerfect  8 running.  I am trying to install an rpm but when I run it
through RPM 2.5.6 I get this error:
failed to open //var//lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I do not understand this, as I installed the RPM through the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. Qemu support for PPC

3. RPM: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

4. printer trouble

5. Problem with Gnome RPM - Failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

6. test

7. Compiling Python Imaging .src.rpm (was compiling .src.rpms)

8. New motherboard - power off on halt!

9. How to know what changed in RPM package?

10. RPM - How to change install directory for a package?

11. RPM doesn't write packages after compiling them

12. Compiling RPM (redhat package manager)

13. src rpm of nvidia package can't compile with kernel 2.4.9??