backspace doesn't work with ash: work-around!

backspace doesn't work with ash: work-around!

Post by William A. Calderwo » Sun, 05 Apr 1992 04:34:08

Quote:>The no-backspace problem only happened to me in the first VC, and only
>when using the floppy as root.  I didn't think much about not having
>the BS trouble, until I decided to boot with floppy as root again, and
>it showed up.  Anybody else see this?

yea the same thing has happened to me. I guess the solution is to not
use the floppy as root.

Bill

1. telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

   Hi there,
subject say it. If I log into our linux-machine (SUSE 6.0) via telnet or

rlogin I have no problems working with the Backspace and Delete key, but

I see inverted characters if I do an ls -la or an man.

If I do a rsh -n linux.machine -l hl xterm -display ...... -T ....
(what I prefer) I have no problems with inverted character and man
worked all well, BUT the Backspace and Delete key give me an ~

Which screw I have to turn, that the Backspace key worked. What I tried
was stty erase '^C' and stty erase '^?' but nothing worked....

any hint...

thanks a lot
Dirk Hellmann

2. Sun Solaris 2.x Tutorial wanted

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. Problems with HP DDS-2 SCSI tape drive

5. BackSpace at 'login:' doesn't work

6. Korn Shell question

7. Backspace in ftp doesn't work anymore

8. xconsole, who can start one?

9. backspace key doesn't work

10. BACKSPACE doesn't work

11. Backspace key doesn't work in StarOffice 4.0

12. backspace delete doesn't work with some prompts

13. Why doesn't my backspace work in some apps..