plp problem... easy one?

Post by KLAU » Wed, 24 Feb 1993 11:36:00

Hi,
I've read many of the posts concerning plp problems and I haven't heard any
mention of the glitch I'm having:
When I run lpd I get the error msg: syslog: LPD lpd: open /usr/spool/lpd/
printcap.softland.softland.com  failed no such file or dir...(no kidding :)
It dies with this error and creates two empty files:
/tmp/lpdsock770=
/usr/spool/lpd/esrv100-softla=

I have the hosts.equiv file and the 'lp    35/tcp' entry in 'services'.  I've
played with princap entrys and the locations of excutables, whatever I could
think of, but nothing seems to make any difference in this error message.  Any
clues would be much appericated.  I am, currently, clueless. :)

Thanks,
-JK