Embedded Real-Time Toolkit

Post by Tammy O'Connel » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:06:27

-------------------------------------
Empress Software News
Fri Apr 19 19:32:27 EDT 2002
-------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Empress Software Delivers Embedded Real-Time Toolkit

Greenbelt, MD, April 19, 2002 - Empress Software, developers of Empress,
"The Embedded Real-Time Database", now delivers the Embedded Real-Time
Toolkit (ERT Toolkit), an innovative new development environment for
embedded and real-time applications. Developers using ERT Toolkit may
achieve deterministic application behavior by deploying its data
structures on top of the Empress database engine. As an additional
benefit, the ERT data structures utilize the database engine's integrity
and persistence.

ERT Toolkit is a "C" Language API that implements a number of abstract
data objects in the Empress RDBMS such as Array, Circular Buffer, Queue,
Stack, Table and Variable, as well as several special attributes such as
Record Number, Timestamp, Key and Serial Number. ERT Toolkit implements
a "C" callable API of 200+ functions that work with the abstract data
objects and the Empress database. ERT Toolkit provides a layered
environment allowing for database deterministic response within embedded
and real-time applications. ERT Toolkit is distributed in source form.

"If you want full control over your embedded and real-time database
applications, the ERT Toolkit using the Empress "Extreme C Interface" is
the way to go. SQL and ODBC just don't cut it for maximum performance
and efficiency, " comments Ivor Ladd, vice president of technology at
Empress Software.

ERT Toolkit is available now in source code format for only $2,599 per
developer seat for Empress Licensees. For $2,999, developers can obtain
the ERT Toolkit with a starter Empress RDBMS license. A 10-incident
Empress Assistance pack is available for $1,499. ERT Toolkit includes
prototype applications in source code format, so that developers can use
them as examples for generating similar applications. More information
on the ERT Toolkit is available at www.empress.com.

About Empress Software, Inc.
Empress Software develops and supports the Empress Embedded Real-Time
data management system. The EMPRESS RDBMS is a full-featured,
high-performance database engine especially designed for developers
operating on UNIX, Linux, Windows or Real-Time environments. Empress has
been utilized successfully in diverse fields including image and voice
management, telecommunications, medical systems, telephony systems,
geographical information systems and network management. For more
information, please call 301-220-1919. Check our web site at

Embedded Real-Time Toolkit

Post by mjt » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:33:18

Embedded Real-Time Toolkit

Post by mjt » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:35:01

1. Embedded Real-Time Toolkit

-------------------------------------
Empress Software News
Fri Apr 19 19:32:27 EDT 2002
-------------------------------------

[...]

2. printserver

3. Real-time / embedded programming - terminology question

4. DRM: drmSetBusid failed...permission denied

5. Seeking OEM/embedded real-time OS for Intel (or other) architectures

6. Digi Accelaport Xem install on Re4d Hat 8

7. Real-Time Embedded and DSP Software Development

8. Any in.telnetd experts? It's broke...

9. Real-Time & Embedded Computing Conference - lot of focus on Linux

10. Real-Time & Embedded Computing Conference - very interesting

11. IEE Event: Designing Embedded Real-Time Systems

12. Real-Time & Embedded Computing Conference - lot of focus on Linux

13. Embedded real-time Linux systems