NFS / mount Problems

Post by Shaun Sava » Mon, 05 Jul 1993 10:58:34

I am having problems getting my nfs working.  I have commented
out the named,rwho commands in rc.inet2 and left everything
else the same.  I have done this for both machines.  I can ftp,
and telnet fine (ftp does not like shadow passwords) but when I
try to mount the NFS iI get RPC: Program not registered.
I have tried to use the old nfsd and mountd on the server
Now I get a RPC: timeout.  I would like to learn how this works.

Does any one have info on how to fix this problem and were I can
get info on how NFS / RPC works.  (O'Rielly has some but $$$$)

Shaun Savage

1. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

What does can't get address mean on my linux system?
How can I fix it?

I am running caldera 2.3, red hat 6.1, and
mandrake 6.??
I can't get nfs working from any of them to
any others.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. LILO in MBR lost

3. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

4. Terminal programming

5. Problem with NFS mounting problems

6. Great Scott!

7. NFS mounting problems :(

8. Sys V init question

9. NFS mounting problems

10. NFS mount problems

11. RedHat NFS mount problem

12. NFS mounting problems with Linux and Solaris 2.6

13. NFS mount problems..? Patches??