Linux 0.99pl6 and SatisFAXtion 400 modem

Linux 0.99pl6 and SatisFAXtion 400 modem

Post by jason c Ch » Mon, 12 Apr 1993 14:54:12

Hi,
  I'm having some problem configuring my modem to work with
Linux 0.99pl6.  I have a Intel SatisFAXtion 400 internal
modem in COM2 serial port (IRQ=3).  Linux does not detect
the modem during boot up (although it does detect the mouse
in COM1 serial port and does print the approriate IRQ and
UART chip).  I've created /dev/cua* device file as suggested
in an earlier post, but the modem still does not work with
either ckermit or minicom.
  Has anyone got this modem to work in Linux?  I suspect
that the problem is due to the UART chip in this modem
(it doesn't use the "standard" UART chip).  But before I
start hacking the kernel, I like to see if other people
can suggest some simpler solutions to this problem.
  Thanks in advance for the help.

Linux 0.99pl6 and SatisFAXtion 400 modem

Post by Emil Raine » Thu, 15 Apr 1993 00:45:22

Gateway 2000/486 DX2 66
Imprimis 93601-15 (1040Mb) hard drives

When booting SLS off of disk a1, it says

detected 0 SCSI Disks.

then everything proceeds nicely until a2 is inserted.  At that point
# fdisk
/dev/hda not found

Has anyone gotten Imprimis 1040Mb disks working with SLS?

Thanks in advance
Emil Rainero

1. Intel satisFAXtion modem/400

        Hi. I've just installed Linux on my computer without much problem.
The only problem I have is that I cannot get Linux to reconize my modem.
Normally under Dos, The Intel satifaxtion modem/400 internal uses drivers
to initalize it.  Is there any drivers or command under Linux that would
allow me to run a com program Linux?

If you have any info please email me

    thank you very much.
 Tuong Truong

2. Mandrake Rel. 9

3. Intel SatisFAXtion Modem/400

4. dual monitor

5. Intel SatisFAXtion 400 (modem / fax) ???

6. Pentium overclocking

7. SatisFAXtion 400 Driver for Linux?

8. HELP!!! Our RS6k is dead!

9. SatisFAXtion 400 on Linux

10. Intel SatisFAXtion 400 and Linux

11. Linux and Intel SatisFAXtion 400 (internal)

12. Intel Satisfaxtion/400

13. SatisFAXtion 400