Red Hat Linux 7.1 and OpenSSH 3.4 patch level 1

Red Hat Linux 7.1 and OpenSSH 3.4 patch level 1

Post by E. Robert Tisdal » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:11:05

I have recently installed OpenSSH patch level 1
on my Red Hat Linux 7.1 i686 system.
The problem is that I can't ssh into it
from any remote system using password authentication.
The problem seems to be that sshd
uses crypt to encrypt the password that it gets
from the remote system.  The crypt function returns
a 13 character encrypted password which does not match
the 34 character encrypted password in /etc/shadow.

What do I need to do to get this to work correctly?

Thanks in advance, Bob Tisdale

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. *****HELP!!!*****

3. Unable to compile ppp-2.3.4 on Red HAT 5.1 with linux-2.0.35

4. multiple pc-nfs sessions on linux

5. TCL 7.1/TK 3.4 on Linux ?

6. Programming with serial ports????

7. Can U install Red Hat 6rpm's in Red 7.1 ?

8. sys usage after upgrade to 433

9. Does Red Hat Linux 7.1 have a driver for Intel 82559 NIC?

10. Linux Red Hat 7.1, Soyo SY-K7VIA and Maxtor Ultra100

11. How to disable ICMP redirect in Red Hat Linux 7.1?

12. DNS setup problem for Linux Red Hat 7.1

13. diff b/w red hat linux OS 7.1 and Sun SOlaris OS 5.7