Help with Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification

Help with Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification

Post by Jaso » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:53:25

I am studying for my Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification and was
wondering if anybody has taken it and if you have any suggestion on
how to study for it.  I have the official coures books (black binder).
 I am also looking for sites where I can take a practice exam.  I have
been to linuxcertification.com but they only have one test and they
haven't come up with any new questions in months.

Thanks,

Jason

Help with Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification

Post by Michael Ja » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:39:41

Dear Jason,

You might try my Exam Cram book for the Sair/GNU Linux 3X0-101 exam.
It includes 175 review questions. I've tried to make most of the
questions just a bit more difficult than those that you would see on
the acutal exam.

I'd appreciate your condsideration. You can find this book at many
major bookstores, and online. The Amazon link is:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576109534/o/qid=986315696/sr=...>

Thank you,
Michael Jang

> I am studying for my Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification and was
> wondering if anybody has taken it and if you have any suggestion on
> how to study for it.  I have the official coures books (black binder).
>  I am also looking for sites where I can take a practice exam.  I have
> been to linuxcertification.com but they only have one test and they
> haven't come up with any new questions in months.

> Thanks,

> Jason

Help with Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification

Post by Jaso » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 05:21:11

Michael,

Thanks for the offer, but I had to take the test right away.  I did go
look at the exam cram site and found a practice test for LPI.  I went
through it twice and it helped even though it was for a different
exam.  I did end up passing the test yesterday. (Praise God!!!!).

I was shocked on how many questions I had on X-Window applications,
like Gimp, LaTex, etc.  That was my worst section.  I got only 60%
correct.

Next up I am taking 102 on Monday.  Then hopefully 103 in 2 weeks.

Have you taken either of these two tests?  I did not see an examcram
book for them.

Jason

> Dear Jason,

> You might try my Exam Cram book for the Sair/GNU Linux 3X0-101 exam.
> It includes 175 review questions. I've tried to make most of the
> questions just a bit more difficult than those that you would see on
> the acutal exam.

> I'd appreciate your condsideration. You can find this book at many
> major bookstores, and online. The Amazon link is:
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576109534/o/qid=986315696/sr=...>

> Thank you,
> Michael Jang

> > I am studying for my Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification and was
> > wondering if anybody has taken it and if you have any suggestion on
> > how to study for it.  I have the official coures books (black binder).
> >  I am also looking for sites where I can take a practice exam.  I have
> > been to linuxcertification.com but they only have one test and they
> > haven't come up with any new questions in months.

> > Thanks,

> > Jason

Help with Sair/GNU Linux 101/102 Certification

Post by Michael Jan » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:02:16

Dear Jason,

Congrats on passing the Installation and Configuration exam. Unfortunately,
I can't speak to the status of Exam Cram books for the other Sair exams.

Good luck,
Michael Jang

Quote:> Michael,