Security hole fix

Post by Klaus Fra » Sat, 10 Jul 1993 17:05:08

Please change /usr/spool/cron and /usr/spool/cron/crontabs permissions
from 1777 to 700 and update your /etc/sy*s script. Check for unwan-
ted items in these directories before you activate the cron daemon.

1. Security Hole Fix?

In linux, compiling and running the following program as a normal user
crashes the system.  I was wondering how to limit the amount of RAM each
person has access to, or setting aside a certain amount or RAM to root.

#include <stdlib.h>
/* Crashes a linux box by eating up all ram */

main()
{
    while (1)
    {
        malloc(1);    /* Allocate 1 byte of memory */
    }
    return 0;

It might also be alloc, I'm not sure which is for Linux.  This will make
the system unsuable until you do a hard reboot with the power switch.

2. Xircom Cardbus ethernet 100+Modem 56 card config

3. runpipe v1.2 with security hole fix

4. Compiling v1.2 problems w/SCSI...

5. InfoMagic Mar95 wu.ftpd security hole fix.

6. regexp on stdin

7. GIANT SECURITY HOLE + FIX

8. Threads Library Needed:Help

9. ANNOUNCE Apache::ASP v1.95 - Examples Security Hole Fixed

10. InfoMagic Mar95 wu.ftpd security hole fix.

11. pwdauthd pwdauth() - Source Wanted in order to fix security hole.

12. fix for HUGE SECURITY HOLE in syslog?

13. Tools to fix security holes