where to get AST 4-port/clone?

Post by David Bla » Sat, 27 Feb 1993 03:41:46

This is not a linux-specific topic, but since linux supports
the AST 4-port I must ask "where do you get one?" Or a clone,
such as that made by Boca Research. Boca and AST are both
probably HQed down the street from my home... but where are
the dealers?

Thanks,
Dave

--
David L. Black                  I/O Diagnostics Engineering

where to get AST 4-port/clone?

Post by Brian Mcb » Sat, 27 Feb 1993 14:36:39

>This is not a linux-specific topic, but since linux supports
>the AST 4-port I must ask "where do you get one?" Or a clone,
>such as that made by Boca Research. Boca and AST are both
>probably HQed down the street from my home... but where are
>the dealers?

Try:

Altex Electronics has an AST 4-port clone that I am using, seems to work fine
(800)531-5369

USA Electronics sells several kinds of serial cards, call and see if one of
them is AST 4-port compatible:  (800)332-8434

HK Sys Inc. have been known to sell used AST 4-ports (the real thing), call
(214)392-1852

Quote:>Thanks,
>Dave

You're welcome.

Post by Steve Pershi » Sun, 28 Feb 1993 06:45:30

|> This is not a linux-specific topic, but since linux supports
|> the AST 4-port I must ask "where do you get one?" Or a clone,
|> such as that made by Boca Research. Boca and AST are both
|> probably HQed down the street from my home... but where are
|> the dealers?

We will be happy to sell you one, and you can help support Questor's
free access aspect at the same time.  We also have other useful
things like cheap ROM programmers (DOS-based), UARTS, ZyXEL and Telebit
modems, and a really good cellular battery charger/conditioner.

There are even spec/data sheets, many as TIFF images scanned in at
300x300dpi.

To get info on costs, available files, and a help file on how to use

and in the body of your text message, put the following lines:

help
dir
get /pub/prodinfo/usacost
end

Please be sure to send your mail-server commands to the

and not to send your request as a reply  to this message.  Thanks!

--

  FREE access to Environ, Sci, Med, & AIDS news, and more.  [also UUCP]
    on a ZyXEL-U1496S+  =>  v.42bis, v.32bis, v.33, up to 16,800bps.

1. AST 4-port cables

I have a number of AST 4-port boards I picked up from a warehouse. I
also have a number of cables for these, all "real AST" cables. The
problem is that only one is configured properly.

The one cable which works provides four connections which are correct
DTE wiring. I can plug four modems in (and do, you see this posting).
The others are not only not DTE, they are also not DCE, so I can't just
use a null modem to correct the problem.

Does anyone have any info on either (a) what these cables are and how
they might be useful, or (b) where I can buy proper cables? Right now I
am working LONG hours and have more money than time, so I'm willing to
buy rather than wire my own.

Thanks much for any info, I want to add some additional lines for
incoming PPP from staff.
--
Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.

TMR does UNIX and other systems stuff, some real time, network and
system admin, security, C and other good stuff.

2. New Oracle New Solaris v's Old Oracle Old Windows

3. AST 4-port adapter

4. Encryption

5. Need info on AST 4-port.

6. Managing Modem under SCO Unix

7. what does "input overrun" mean (AST 4-port used)

8. Need a way to time out automated processes that go bad.

9. AST 4-port slow as molasses! Help?

10. 4-port serial card clones

11. Setting up AST clone (4 port) with Linux HELP!

12. 4-Port PCI USB adapter - only 2 ports will work

13. 4-Port BBS on 386-40 mith 8MB and LINUX possible????