Linux-Activists Digest #102

Post by Scott Beckste » Mon, 27 Apr 1992 05:49:39

Hi all,
t to puting in a dos partition and eating some of my limited disk space.  I really don't want (YECHHY MESSYDOS) to take up any of my hard disk
with other than linux.
Scott

1. alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions list.linux-activists.kernel list.linux-activists.serial list.linux-activists.problem-reports list.linux-activists.question

Problem: 8 Port Serial Card with one IRQ for all Port does not work any longer
=======  with Linux 0.99.13 (worked with 0.99.10)

Hi,

I have a strange Problem with my MOXA 8 Port Serial Card - it used to work
fine with 99.10 - all 8 ports were detected automatically without any changes
to the Kernel.

With PL13 the card is not detected at all. I tried to track down the Problem
and compiled the IRQ (9) into the driver. Now the 16450 Chips are found with
correct Adresses.

Since I am able to send out characters on those 8 tty's - but not to *receive*
any, I assume that the problem is with the Linux Interrupt Handler.

Could somebody give me a hint or explain to me what has changed to IRQ
handling since PL10 ?

Thanks in Advance,
Frieder

--
Frieder Loeffler (DG1SEK), Allmandring 20c03, 70569 Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
                   Phone (voice): 0711-6770638, 07145-7455 (Q)

2. NetFlex3 with Red Hat 5.1

3. Linux-Activists Digest #160

4. ppp server setup problem on solaris

5. Linux-Activists Digest #469

6. tftp not working on FreeBSD 5.0-STABLE

7. Linux-Activists Digest #416

8. Debian 2.0 "Freeze"

9. Linux-Activists Digest #325

10. Linux-Activists Digest #306