1. termcap/terminfo question
I'm sorry, it was more of a general question. I have compiled and installed
versions of ncurses before without trouble - I was mostly interested in
how a program determined to use terminfo over termcap - I've been looking
around, and I assume it's just a series of compiler defines, but as I can
get these questions answered too: (smile)
Currently, I have ncurses 1.9.7a instaled in /usr/lib with synlinks so that
curses points to ncurses. The included terminfo database is installed in
/usr/lib/terminfo - TERM is vanilla xterm, and TERMCAP is the xterm entry
straight out of the DB, I believe (I haven't messed with it).
As far as my ncurses 1.9.8a problem, I (as a non-root user) just
uncompress and run ./configure, which creates the necessary makefile.
I didn't do anything to the environment variables to either change my
settings to reflect the new library, though.
I'm still playing with ncurses (I'm not "stuck", just learning), but
if you could answer my question above in relation to how termcap/terminfo
works, I'd appreciate it greatly, as my searching today has left me
empty of answers.
Conor Cunningham | CS Senior | University ACM/ITAC/UPE Member
---< Hey Bill: >---------| USE PGP |---------<I am Superfly TNT>---
"You can have my private key when you pry it from my cold, dead hands."
2. HP Jetdirect EX Printing Problems
3. terminfo .vs. termcap
4. aic7xxx not loading at boot, why?
5. termcap or terminfo?
6. cycle through a data file
7. GUI/UI that do Unix Curses/Terminfo/Termcap/etc (????)
8. Apache 1.3.x on OS/2 wont kill
9. Help With Termcap/Terminfo
10. Termcap/Terminfo for VT100?
11. SCO ANSI entries for termcap / terminfo
12. tcsh and terminfo/termcap
13. termcap vs terminfo