Looking for FAQ's

Post by ll » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:07:43

Anyone know where to find or have access to this groups FAQ's.
I tried searching for them but didnt find any maches.

Looking for FAQ's

Post by Rob Schneide » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:06:41

> Anyone know where to find or have access to this groups FAQ's.
> I tried searching for them but didnt find any maches.

I can't answer your question about this group, but most FAQ's are
answered by the doc's at http://www.tldp.org/tldp-redirect.php?url=/
especially the "how-to's"

1. I see it's a faq, but it's not a faq!

I've searched through dejanews, and seen a lot of people asking the
generally similar question, but nobody is answering it.  So, now it's my
turn to post and ask, hoping that the others have been responded to over
email rather than usenet...   I'm trying to install RedHat 4.2 on a beat up
486 I bought.  I has a 129Mb HDD, 486SX, and 4 megs of ram.  When I boot off
of the RH boot disk I get this message (these are the last lines):

out of memoryVFS: Cannot open root device 08:02

So, my specific question is, what's going on here?  And my general question
is, where would I go to look up the error codes?  i.e., the 02 means IDE
HDD, 06 is a SCSI HDD, 05 is a network card...  whatever.  Is this listed
anywhere??

Thanks a lot, I can't wait to get this running!

-CLC
--

Christopher L. Cook

2. To GODS of the Unix Shell, I pray to thee - Help me write a script that inputs to the passwd command.

3. beginner who's looked for the faq

4. Help on filesets.

5. Looking for group FAQ's

6. LinuxPPC200 is incompatible on New PowerBook ?

7. Looking for TI Sys 1500 (68020/Unix) Users/SysAdmins/Lists/FAQ's/Archiv

8. I have a problem with my SLIP-connection.

9. two FAQ's not in the FAQ-O-MATIC

10. FAQ FOUND!! Was: Where's the FAQ??

11. looking for 'libz' and 'libgz'

12. Looking for 'Rsh' or 'tsh'

13. Looking for a better 'tar' than 'tar'