IPC

Post by Robert Lockwo » Fri, 29 May 1992 01:03:52

Are there any plans to add shared memory and semaphores to Linux?

Thanks,
Bob

1. SYS V IPC, how does "ipcs" get list of existing IPC structures

I need to clean up after a process which tends to die leaving IPC structures
hanging about.  Currently I use "system" to run
"ipcs | grep $USERNAME | cut | ipcrm" to clean up the IPC structures for the
user.  What is the mechanism for obtaining all IPC structures for a given user
programatically?  (i.e.) How can I get a list of all message structures
created by a specific user so that I can delete them using "msgctl", "semctl",
etc.

                                                Glenn

2. Microsoft hit by dot.com fallout

3. Posix.1b IPC and SysV IPC

4. solaris 2.5

5. Berkeley IPC & SysV IPC

6. ypserv has to many running children

7. AT&T IPC-802 /IPC-900 Drivers for SCO?

8. removing stale file handle without a reboot?

9. IPC Shared Memory Limit

10. Shared Memory IPC

11. IPC help :)

12. IPC Problem?

13. NEW EMAIL LIST: IPC/Middleware/Socket Programming