New version of UltraStor driver with scatter/gather

New version of UltraStor driver with scatter/gather

Post by Matt Birkho » Mon, 01 Mar 1993 09:52:16

latest UltraStor SCSI driver (announced on comp.os.linux.announce yesterday
[my birthday!]) and let me know how to get ahold of it, I'd be very
grateful.  I need the new driver support for my UltraStor 34F (which I
was hoping would work with the 14F driver).

Please have pity.  I've been limping along with Windows since buying my
like to be running LINUX and 486DX2/66 box a month ago, and BOY would I
like to be running LINUX and like to be running LINUX and X windows!

Matt Birkholz

1. Scatter/Gather - Ultrastor 34F - All over my disk!

Hi All,

You may want to exercise great care when *attempting* to install the
ALPHA ultrastorsg code. I have 99.pl8 running on a Micronics LB MB,
Ultrastor 34F and a 2GB disk. Looking for aditional speed (never
satisified) I got the alpha code, compiled my kernel, ran lilo/install,
sync'ed my box, and rebooted. All was fine untill the system started to
load, at which time the kernel started to "crap" all over mt e2fs file
system.

The FAQ is it's untested on a 34F, so it should be fair warning.....
If you want your data, *DON'T USE THIS CODE*.

You might think I'm taking a dim view of all of this, but generally
I have now problem with linux, it's great. (we all have bugs around
somewhere)

-jeffw

2. Kernel building options

3. GLM driver and scatter/gather list question

4. Questions - busy filesystems, backups

5. Patch to UlltraStor 14F/34F driver with scatter/gather

6. ypwhich-2.2 dore dumped

7. AIC-7770 and scatter/gather.

8. Functions

9. Scatter Gather List Questions

10. Scatter/Gather list

11. Apache 1.3.23, Linux 2.4 and Scatter/Gather NIC

12. IN2000 scatter-gather problems?

13. IDE Disk scatter/gather I/O Functionality.