486 panics booting mcc-interim release :(

486 panics booting mcc-interim release :(

Post by Ed Ca » Fri, 14 Aug 1992 02:05:11

REPOST:

486/25, Micronics motherboard, Phoenix BIOS, Adaptec SCSI controller,
4MB ram.  Starts to boot mcc-interim release 0.96c, starts to load the
RAM disk, get a general protection error, then dies with a kernel panic
"trying to free up swapper memory space".

Any hints on this one?  I suspect a bad boot diskette, but would like
to know other things to try.

I'll be visiting the owner of the machine in Dallas Friday, and I'd like
to get off the plane with good news :)
--

"This is the final task I will ever give you, and it  goes  on  forever.   Act
happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love,

1. MCC-interim release problem with login

I installed the MCC-interim .95c+ release, and
applied the listed bug fixes (/dev/tty ...), and ran
into numerous problems that were all fixed by replacing
/bin/login with a previous (.95a static) version.

The symptoms included a mangled bash environment, stty
reporting 0 rows and 0 columns, and vi defaulting to 25x80
(instead of the available 44x132).  Replacing /bin/login
fixed all of these problems.  Both the new and old bash
had the same problems with the new login, and worked fine
after login was replaced.

Did anyone else have these problems, or should I re-ftp
and try again?

thanks,
dave safford

2. i've a big problem

3. mcc-interim release for 0.97?

4. Samba setup on Linux

5. 0.96 (boot) and mcc-interim, shell problem help.

6. Redhat Linux Syskonnect sk98lin

7. gcc from mcc-interim - work?

8. DNS/sendmail on SunOS

9. MCC-Interim... where is named and readlinelib

10. Fix for mcc-interim login.c

11. mcc-interim 0.96a question

12. mcc-interim and shadow /bin/login ignore .cshrc with tcsh

13. mcc-interim woes