What's wrong with 'Bootlin'

Post by <UNIT.. » Thu, 02 Sep 1993 10:08:49

Recently I got BOOTLIN for my Linux , but when I using
    SHELL = C:BOOTLINBOOTLIN.COM C:BOOTLINZIMAGE
where I got ZIMAGE from Linux root directory .
When I boot my system there is an error about 'Can't not mount root',
then system halt.
What's wrong with it ? Is that wrong with ZIMAGE ?
Please tell  me . Thanks anyway .
PS. Would you please tell me how to do. I am a new user in Linux.
    And how would I see the file in diver A: ,whitch I use for boot Linux.

                                               Eddie Chen 09/01/93

What's wrong with 'Bootlin'

Post by System Administrat » Thu, 02 Sep 1993 05:21:47

>Recently I got BOOTLIN for my Linux , but when I using
>    SHELL = C:BOOTLINBOOTLIN.COM C:BOOTLINZIMAGE
>where I got ZIMAGE from Linux root directory .
>When I boot my system there is an error about 'Can't not mount root',
>then system halt.
>What's wrong with it ? Is that wrong with ZIMAGE ?

Does this zImage file mount the correct root partition?
the easiest way to make sure is to use rdev and tell this kernel image
what the root partition is:

rdev zImage /dev/hda1    <- for example if your root partition is /dev/hda1

rdev can also tell the kernel where your swap is and what video mode to go
into at bootup.

rdev -s zImage /dev/hdb4   <- set swap space to be /dev/hdb4
rdev -v zImage 3           <- use video mode 3 (-3 is the flag for query)

 -liem
--

"As you humans say, I'm all ears!" | UCS Consulting, UofWashington
        - Ferengi                  | Co-captain UW Ice Hockey

1. What's wrong with 'file protocol' or 'http://localhost protocol'?

. I got the following error messages while starts Konqueror and swat (with
Konqueror to open link 'http://localhost:901') for samba configuration,
respectively.

  "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly."
  "The process for the http://localhost protocol died unexpectedly."

  What's wrong? Of course, they both don't work. Can anybody tell me what to
check step by step? Thanks.

. Info:
  . Mandrake 8.1
  . Firewall (by Bastille-firewall) looks OK

charlie

2. * * * M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S * * *

3. 'df' and 'du' show wrong sizes

4. Hi

5. External 'time_t' variable 'altzone' seems to be wrong !

6. How to communicate with LKM

7. What's wrong with 'talk'?

8. Kill command

9. What's wrong when 'libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held'

10. 'double' or 'dbl' or 'dble', the disk space utilty

12. What is 'stty', 'term' & 'tty'

13. Simple 'sed', 'awk', 'cut' problem